17 Modern Eclectic Design Ideas, Tips and Pictures for House with Limited Space
The living room is designed in the mix and match structure of modern elements with single seat and sofa in Asian ethnic accent. Painting ornament is arranged in a repetition form. Decorative water plants add the impression Zen design. Embroidered cushions in romantic style as well as silver fixtures of teapot in European-style add more beauty to the interior. The presence of modern style lights provide very attractive impression into the space.
Multi-functional work space with the concept of Japanese tatami uses the stage that serves as a storage area combined with a touch of Thai-style pillows. Details of room’s corner is decorated in modern look with awesome color combination along with white single seat in a modern design. Thus, make the room become more attractive and elegant.
Decorative wall use to divide the living room and private spaces. It is designed in red-brown painting combination and decorated with awesome hanging rack console with details of flower pots arranged in repetition compositions. Dressing room in mild and simpler materials is arranged neatly using masculine theme concept.
Pavilion in simple modern architecture combined with shades of blue color become an intriguing focal point of the entrance space. The interior that is styled in modern Pop-Art theme using bright colors able to perform optimally in minimalist design. The arrangement of family reading room comes in good combination of modern, classic and oriental style.
The main door entrance has the feel of modern and Asian ethnic touch combination (shown in the door panels with intricate rattan motifs and black antique urn). Foyer with antique Balinese sculpture made of a brick materials as well as fountain with a marble wall texture as its background seems more unique with proper lighting decoration. The decoration make the area become more attractive and unique. The hallways designed with good combination of wall, ceiling and floor. Asian ethnic statue ornaments present to complete the eclectic touch to be more perfect.
The dining room comes with an incredible design. “Kong liong” or dining room gateway with exposed details of bonsai plants add green impression for the area. Regardless of any cultural background type that is combined with modern style can produce an intriguing multidimensional arrangement. Personal character and traditional culture background of the homeowner could enhance overall design of the residence. Your sensitivity is truly needed when integrating or inserting some elements in the arrangement in order to provide attractive setting for the house. It is legitimate to explore the modern eclectic style with an appreciate viewpoint and in different perception. Exciting details of accessories are arranged in simple composition, but still provide the impression of modern design for the room.
Tips & Hints:
- The space plan and arrangement must have a sense of harmony. Note that the element of scale, space, texture, paint, proportion, symmetrical or asymmetrical arrangement are some important factors which must be consider appropriately.
- In terms of space layout, the distance between objects must be taken into consideration because the shadow can be expos-able things when it is combined properly with the house’s natural lighting. We can ‘play’ it to create interesting effects of dark-bright room.
- Eclectic modern impression can be displayed simply by entering one or two elements of any cultural background as the space’s focal point, such as Buddha statues, European carved tables or awesome crystal chandeliers.
- Note the use of color composition in the room. Do not be excessively applied the color because it will be interfere the existing visual aesthetics. Choose a brighter color and then give a touch of accent color or any contrasting material.
- The combination of several elements in this modern eclectic style should have a common thread so there are no elements that mutually stand out from the main concept. Try to combine those elements harmoniously so they can be enjoyed comfortably and beautifully.
- There are no guidelines or standard-standard specific to this type of design. All it takes is sensitivity in feels and personal taste. Do not be afraid to make mistakes in design exploration. We can simply use the references from the nature and some literature on the net.
Images Gallery of 17 Modern Eclectic Design Ideas, Tips and Pictures for House with Limited Space